July 13, 2013

I aM by jeweller Ileana Makri

Ever since I discovered jewellery designer ILEANA MAKRI (Link) in a store in Mykonos a few summers ago, I have been obsessed with her. Her fine jewellery line comprises of delicate gold chains with creatures like snakes, beetles, hands of fatima that  are encrusted with tiny diamonds, rubies, and emeralds. She also makes larger stunning pieces like earrings and rings. Most of her delicate jewellery can be worn everyday and always catch lots of attention. I bought a snake necklace and still love it. The only problem? Her items tend to be quite expensive and have gotten so much more so over the years!


I was thrilled when she recently launched a contemporary line called I aM. It contains items that are below $1000 and are made with the same fine craftsmanship and attention to detail as her regular line. The only difference is that the pieces are gold-plated sterling silver, titanium, and bronze. Everything is still stunning, is a statement piece, and would make a perfect EID gift! 

Here are a few of my favourites from the collection:


You can still own a piece of her signature collection with this great alternative. 
Made of rose gold plated silver, this ring has ruby encrusted eyes


These SCREAM attention! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments :)