July 20, 2013

Christian Dior & Andy Warhol

I'm OBSESSED with Christian Dior's Fall/Winter 2013 collection! Raf Simmons incorporated pictures of fashion and shoes by the famous Andy Warhol from the late 50's and early 60's.  He took the iconic Lady Dior bag and adorned it with embellished Andy Warhol's signature heels. He put faces and pieces of Warhol's art on the clothes. The end result is a collection of super cool clothes and bags infused with the spirit of Pop.  I can guarantee that once it hits the stores, it will FLY off the shelves around the world. Then Zara will make a copy of the bags and clothes and they will fly off the shelves as well :)







What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! These are to die for. I LOVE the pink bag even though I generally steer away from pink. Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :)
    I work at Dior and was interested in reading reviews about the collaboration btw the french House and The association of Andy Warhol. These collector's handbags are not unfortunately on the shelves of the boutique. They are created by requests from interested clients with a full deposit. I had the chance see one lady Dior and a clutch from this collector's collection. And you are right some of the models can't be ordered anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own one of the Beautiful very limited DIor Lady Dior Andy Warhol handbags. It's the off white with Blue shoe and has Andy Warhol signature imprinted on front of handbag as well as on plaque inside. The Bag is in Pristine condition and has only been out of original dustbag and box once. It was displayed on a table by Dior at a Fashion charity event in Boca Raton Fl. I purchased new in Oct 2013 from Dior Saks Boca Raton Fl.
    I am considering an auction or private sale.
    I have all authentication and can answer any questions. For a Dior collector like myself, you will Love. If you're Andy Warhol collector- you will be beyond thrilled. Please send response if interested on a comment at this site. Once certain of interest - I will respond.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments :)