March 19, 2013

Beirut Art Beat


Last night I attended the opening of Beirut Art Beat in Dubai. It is a 4 day exhibition with 30 stalls from Beirut selling jewellery, furniture and funky art. They had a really nice selection of hand-picked items and there was lots to see! The best part about it was that the designers themselves are here so you can discuss your pieces, get advice and order custom-made designs. I found the experience of buying from the designer himself/herself much more intimate and made my purchases all that more special! I met designers like Ghida El Zein, Sarah's Bag, Sally K, Mademe Reve, Hania Reyess and Nada Zeineh to name a few. Here are a few of the items that caught my attention:


 Really cool and authentic seating areas- I felt like I was in the heart of Beirut!

Designer Hady Beydoun had some of the most original art on display with wooden coke cans and toilet seats made of graffiti art 


These light installations by Hania Reyess were my favourite pieces in the whole exhibition 



Outdoor furniture made out of wooden crates!  




Everything being sold is very original, very different and for lack of a better description- very BEIRUT! I highly recommend you go see it :)

The exhibition will be held from March 18 to 21 at DIFC Atrium Building 5 from 11 am - 8 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments :)