September 26, 2012

How to wear Polka Dots


Polka Dots are HUGE this fall! But I've been finding the trend to be quite tricky to wear- too much and you could end up looking like a doll or a fashion disaster. Last night, I wore this polka dot top with black skirt/shorts (skirt at the front, and shorts at the back) and kept the accessories all the same colour gold so as not to overpower the dots. I also wore a simple round necklace, similar to the collar of the top, so that I didn't clash too much on top. 





Top is Yayoi Kusama Collection for Louis Vuitton, skirt/shorts by Zara, Chanel bag, Chanel gold sequinned shoes, gold bracelets and gold necklace (both were bought from Bergdorf Goodman in NYC but I can't remember the brands)

Below are some other ways celebrities are wearing the polka dot trend this season: 

Alexa Chung
(Glamour Magazine)
Rihanna
(Source: Glamour Magazine)
Cher Lloyd
(Source: Glamour Magazine)
Victoria Beckham
(Source: Marie Claire)
Eva Mendes
(Source: Marie Claire)

Anne Hathaway
(Source: Marie Claire)

Cameron Diaz
(Source: Marie Claire)
Demi Moore
(Source: Marie Claire)

Overall, I think the polka dots should be the most prominent part of your outfit for it to really work well - don't mix and match clashy prints with the dots and you'll look fab :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments :)