September 19, 2012

Home-made Guacamole Dip



I can't cook, actually its better to say that I DON'T cook! So when we entertain guests, I order almost everything in. To not seem useless, I discovered that its impressive to have at least ONE thing that is home-made! I found the recipe of this Guacamole Dip online and tweaked it a bit to my taste. I now always serve it and get rave reviews. Hope u enjoy it as well :)





What you need: (The following serves 8 to 10 people and takes 15 minutes to make and an additional 2 hours of time in the fridge)

  • 6 ripe Avocados (If you buy them the day before, they need to be soft to touch. Too soft and they will be rotten. Too hard and they won't be ripe enough)
  • 2 Limes
  • 1/2 white Onion
  • 1/4 cups and 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
  • 4 Plum Tomatoes (they should be oval shaped)
  • 1 or 2 minced Garlic Cloves (depends on your taste)
  • 2 teaspoons Salt
  • 2 pinches Cayenne Pepper (I use regular black pepper)
How to make it:

Step 1: Juice the limes and add the juice to a bowl

Step 2: Cut and peel the avocados and add them into the same bowl. The trick is to keep the seeds inside so that the dip doesn't turn black

Step 3: Mash the avocados to as smooth or as chunky as you prefer

Step 4: Finely dice the white onion and add it to the mix 

Step 5: Finely dice the garlic and add it to the mix (I usually only add one because I am not a fan of garlic)


Step 6: Mix in the parsley, salt and pepper, cover with cling wrap and put it in the fridge. It can stay up to 6 hours in the fridge before you serve it


Step 7: Finely dice the tomatoes and chill them in the fridge. Only add them to the mix right before serving so the dip stays fresh-tasting

Step 8: Add chips and serve. I usually like to mix two different kinds of chips to make it more interesting

Tip: Keep the avocado seeds in the dip even when you serve it so it stays green throughout the evening

There is an avocado seed hidden inside

Enjoy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments :)